Monday, February 28, 2011

Meal Plan Monday 2/28/11


I am a definite advocate of making a weekly meal plan. It saves money and saves a lot of headache. Some weeks I forget or think I just don't have time to sit down and come up with a meal plan. On those weeks, my husband and I have the same conversation each night. It goes something like this:


Me: "What do you want for dinner?"

Him: "I don't know what do you want?"
Me: "I have no idea. What sounds good to you?"

Him: "I don't really have a preference, what do we have in the freezer?"
Me: "Hardly anything, and what we do have will is still frozen and will take too long to fix tonight".
And...so we end up going out or ordering take out, which REALLY adds up. So I'm back on the meal planning bandwagon. I'm motivated, now my only problem is deciding what to fix and not having the same meals week after week. I have found this website where quite a few fellow women bloggers post their weekly meal lists on Mondays. It has given me some great meal ideas. If you decide to post your weekly meal list, link your blog to the end of her post.

So here it is...my meal plan:

Monday- cook out food (hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, pasta salad, baked beans)

Tuesday- Paprika Hungarian chicken (Pampered Chef recipe)

Wednesday- Grilled chicken, baked macaroni and cheese, broccoli

Thursday- Stove-top Chicken casserole

Friday- Baked Ziti, salad, garlic bread

Saturday- Veggie Pizza

Sunday- Lunch out after church

No comments:

Post a Comment