Monday, February 21, 2011

Glimpse of Heaven..

Since I've been reading One Thousand Gifts, I've really been trying to change the way I look at life. I'm trying to make a point to see the extraordinary in the ordinary. To see God in everything.

Today, I saw just that. Not only did God give us a beautiful day, (78 degrees and sunny in February..THAT is definitely a gift), but while sitting at the park with my children today I got to see a glimpse at the way Jesus envisioned the world.

You must be thinking that I saw something miraculous..but no, a simple game of tag is all that it took to cause me to take out a pencil and scribble this blog post right on the inside cover of my copy of One Thousand Gifts.

A game of tag..

at least 15 children...

of all ages...

of many different races (seriously, I counted 4 different ethnic backgrounds)

and I'm sure of different religions.

They ALL played together.

They ALL laughed together.

They welcomed in new kids as they arrived..

They helped each other up when they fell.

Pure innocence.

Completely unaware and uncaring of any differences.

Only focused on playing together and having fun.

No division - only joy.

These children. They know the secret of life. The secret to unlocking the beauty of the world.

I couldn't help but sit there and think that this must be what Heaven is like.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of Heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment