Saturday, February 12, 2011

1000 Gifts




I am now about halfway through the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and it just keeps getting better. I find myself going back and re-reading chapters and each time I find something different. The Bloom (in)Courage book club vlog posted the first video on Sunday and hearing Ann, Jess, and Angie speak about the book and relate it to their lives made me think even more. I said it in my previous post, but this book really is life-changing.

Before I continue counting my gifts, I will leave you with some of my favorite quotes from the vlog and the book.

"It takes darkness to see the light." - Ann Voskamp- Bloom vlog- Chapter 1 discussion

"The only real prayers are the ones mouthed within thankful lips." - Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts pg. 60

"Take the pain that is given, give thanks for it, and transform it into a joy that fulfills all emptiness." - Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts- pg. 100

"Wherever you are, be all there" Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts- pg. 77


Continuing my list:
4. Twice a day girl talk chats with my grandmother.
5. Sharing a profession with my mom- someone else who "gets it".
6. New friends with common interests.
7. The after-bedtime whispers of sisters and best friends.
8. Realizing it was only a dream.
9. Warm blankets on a cold night.
10. Books with words from You that speak straight to my heart.
11. A pastor who is real.
12. Little ladies who still like to be held by Mommy.
13. Protective arms around me at night.
14. Ability and opportunity to educate my children at home.
15. Morning coffee made by my husband who doesn't even like coffee.
16. Golden morning sun peeping through the door.
17. A new day, another chance.
18. New beginnings
19. Forgiveness- undeserved.
20. Little girl imaginations.

No comments:

Post a Comment