Sunday, July 10, 2011

Prayer For First Grade


Heavenly Father,

Today I come to you as we are preparing to begin our second year of homeschooling with a grateful heart. Thank you so much for these sweet little girls you've given to me. Thank you for their precious hearts and their eager minds. Please give me the wisdom and patience to constantly feed their enthusiasm and spirits.

Lord I thank you for the opportunity to educate our children in the comfort of our own home. Thank you for this land that gives us the freedom to be the parents You have called us to be.

I pray that each moment in our home will bring glory to You. I pray that you will direct our lessons and my teaching to fit Your will. I pray that you will open my eyes and my heart to know when to step away from the lesson plans and educate the girls in informal ways. Please help me to remember that learning happens every minute of every day, not just while we are "doing school".

God I pray that our first grade year will be filled with learning, fun times, and love. I pray that Shaylie and Nevaeh will not only learn about phonics, math, science and history...but that they will learn to be the wonderful little girls You have created them to be.

I pray that each day I will rely on your strength, and that when tough days arise that I will know that Your mercies are renewed every morning. I pray that I will always remember that educating my awesome little people is what You have created me to do, and that I will live each day with a smile on my face because of the joy in my heart.

In the incredible name of Jesus I pray,

Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Amen :-) Such a great prayer!! I'm praying this right now while my little one is still a tiny little apple seed inside of me! I hope that I will be a good mother and always teaching his/her eager mind from the day they're born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felicia- Thanks for stopping by! It sounds like you will be a great mother! What a blessed baby you will have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your heart & your prayer...shared it on my FB page too :)

    ReplyDelete