Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter

What are you doing for Easter?

I'm sad to say we will miss Easter service at Vertical Church. I'm sure it will be incredible. I'm already waiting for the podcast to come out so I can see just what I missed.

But I'm so excited because we will be leaving Thursday to go to Virginia to spend Easter with my family. The kids and I are both counting down the days. It's been a while since we've gone to Virginia (my family has been here to visit us numerous times though!) and despite a 6 hour drive with two kids and a dog that really do not like to ride I'm still looking forward to it.

Since we won't be attending an Easter church service, I'm trying hard to make sure my children really understand what Easter is all about. Yes, Easter baskets and chocolate bunnies, pretty dresses, and Easter dinner are all great...it's really about love. The love of Jesus. He loves us so much that he died for us.

So I'm challenging you during these last few days before Easter, show the love of Jesus to others. Love others the way Jesus has loved you. Even when you're stressed out trying to fix Easter dinner and get your house clean for guests, even when you are tying up those last minute loose ends at work, even when you've driven for 4 hours with screaming kids and a barking dog and you still have 2 more hours to go...let His love shine.

Happy Easter guys!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, you're probably already in Virginia...hope the car drive with kids and dog went well! I found your link from NOBH and came to say hello! I hope you're able to find a church service near your family! Have a Blessed Easter!
    www.rosarymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Noreen for stopping by and commenting! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete