Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How do YOU do it?

I have a question for all the stay at home moms out there....how in the world do you do it?

I've been off work for six days. I go back tomorrow. Day one of four 24 hour on call shifts and I must say I'm looking forward to going back. I love my kids with all of my heart, and I love spending time with them. I love teaching them at home. But after about 5 days I'm ready to either pull my hair out or go to work.

I tried to be a stay at home mom. It lasted for about 3 months. It's just not for me. I WISH it was. Especially with homeschooling. It would be so much more convenient if we didn't have to work our school schedule around my work schedule. Want to know a secret? This is one of those I can't believe I'm actually going to tell someone this type secrets...I feel like I'm a better mother on weeks when I work 2-3 days than on weeks when I'm home all week long. Seriously, I'm more patient with the girls, we get along better and we have more fun. Is it because on weeks when I'm busy at work I try to make the most out of the time I do have with them? I really don't know.

I do feel guilty though. I feel like I should want to stay home with my kids each and every day. But some days I just want to go to work. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Stay at home moms: Are you thinking I'm a horrible mother now or do you sometimes feel this way too? And if you do, what do you do about it? Do you plan more "me time"? How do you cope?

1 comment:

  1. I'm HIGH FIVING you from my house--I COMPLETELY understand what you are saying!!!!!

    ReplyDelete